Popular Post

Monday, April 4, 2016

    Decided to stop by the Scrap Metal Forum and wee what everyone was up to and nothing's changed. A few new people, a yard sale or two, and a bunch learning from their mistakes(which is always good). It reminded me of a similar set of issues I ran into. The first was in January. Ebay had seperated from Paypal which was good because the Paypal service has gotten better in releasing tools and stuff for merchants. I had attempted to reopen my consignment shop after getting all my fees paid off and was presented with a kind message from Ebay that my account was suspended from a conflict of interest. When I called to find out what was up, the person who didn't sound like they knew what they were talking about to being with, said that they added a clause to their rules that forbid consignment shops that conflict with their own consignment service. I proceeded to explain that this clause wasn't in their rules anywhere and the person hung up on me. I was like wtf and called back only to be prompted with a "you're number has been blocked from Ebay support". I didn't think anyone could do that, but lo and behold, it happened so - my consignment business has been effectively been put out of business.

    The second part to this story was this past March I enlisted with Etsy to sell the guitar picks i'd upcycled since my folks sent me a pick punch for Christmas. Things were going good, people were buying the picks and fees were taken care of until I received a notice from Etsy that they were raising their fees and were now going to tax all sales coming and going(poor business model imo). So I took my store down and am no over on Bonanza(which is where I was to begin with). I think I'm going to stay there unless something else happens. I swear, it's like 2016's become a continuation of 2015 in terms of business' fucking customers over and becoming overly offended. I've been staying off Facebook because of that crap.

    In the meantime, how about this snow in April, ae? lol. Snow is the indicator to stay indoors and away from the idiots that don't know how to drive(like the asian that was in the right lane about to turn right and decided to veer over into my lane, almost bumping me off the road. I honked and he gave me a blank stair like "what are you honking at"). I haven't fully given up E-Scrapping. The office is still a mess with towers and boxes but haven't had a chance to get things in order or bring in new inventory. It'd be nice to get sold what i've got which is what Ebay was for, but at this rate I may have to make another Bonanza store and sell what I've got on there. I feel cheated doing it that way but I feel I have no other choice. There was another auction site that I was apart of that I might look back into that was similar to Ebay but not as stickish.

-Matt

- Copyright 2017-2018 Matthew Vacanti - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -