Popular Post

Thursday, February 18, 2016

    What is done can't be undone. Yes I'm still ragging about Black Label closing and I'm not 100% sure why. I mean, I was their webmaster - not an owner or even or co-owner. The blog will remain in case anyone's curious. Today was my good friend Omni's rez day in SL and had a 13 hour dance event. If there's one thing us furs know how to do, it's put on a dance event. It's like it's on our DNA or something. It was ten years ago today the Omni came to SL and became friends with everyone.

    I think I've been had and I'm not entirely sure how that would've benefited the other party. I posted a thing on the SL forum that I was looking for someone to come help me set up funding for the save the Fur Valley project. Everything looked legit and then the dude disappeared. Logged off and hasn't been on for three weeks now and both his site and the site he created for my cause is offline. No L$ exchanged so I really don't know what his end game was, but after apologising to Cait over it, we talked about what they were working on to help strengthen the estate and came to the conclusion that the checkerboard pattern works best because each sim has a suround to give it that island feel and I consider that to be one of several things keeping Foxkin Estates afloat. Northstar also said no but that's their loss.

    We also agreed that I could keep the twitter account going as it seems to help at least a little bit to get the word out that we're here and at least 3 furs who follows the account stopped by for Omni's party which was awesome. This leads me to my next point. For me personally, I'd like to attempt to raise money to bring 3 regions online to fill the hole that currently exists between Neko Valley, Serenity Woods, Crawler Prime, and Howling Valley. The sims would be owned by myself and let me partake in ownership in the valleys. I talk about it like it's the Holly Grail or something and in my mind, it is. It was the first place I came to when I came to SL in 2007 and a place I've continued to give my loyalty to even as others have jumped ship for whatever bullshit reason they pull out their ass.

    The setup would rely on having control of both parcels on Ryu Valley so one can be turned into Fouse Radio Beach and the other would start the commercial sector that use to exist here. The first sim brought online would be named Racoon Valley and be 100% shops, but be beach so it looks like it belongs there. The second sim brought online would be named Vixen Valley and feature shops plus a convention center. This center would be experimental in potentially bringing physical cons into SL to eliminate several real world problems(cost being the main one). The third sim brought online would be named Kitsune Valley and would either be 100% rentable or become a private sim that mimics Kitsune Sea. The smart way would be to raise money and bring each sim online one at a time but if somehow I had enough funding to bring all three online at once, I would do so.

    I've become leary to crowdfunding as there's a 60/40 chance your idea is going to flop if either you don't have a starting market or people don't find your idea attractive enough to fund. I've thought about asking convention owners to see if they can help but I'm leary about that also because this has become more of a personal endeavor then a community thing even though having a convention center could benefit both real life cons and second life events/cons. I supoose time will tell and everything comes down to wording.

    Moved the Gashapon shop out of the Zen Mall as I could no longer afford to pay the rent over there and branched it off the Neko Valley telehub. I'd like to see the shop flourish where others disappear but again, everything takes time and money. What I'd really like to see is a sim of nothing but Goshapon only shops like they have in Japan but that's again, wishful thinking. Stay frosty, Matt

- Copyright 2017-2018 Matthew Vacanti - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -